A. Papavasiliou. Analysis of Distribution Locational Marginal Prices, forthcoming in IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid.
A. Papavasiliou, Y. Smeers. Remuneration of Flexibility under Conditions of Scarcity: A Case Study of Belgium, forthcoming in the Energy Journal.
I. Aravena, A. Papavasiliou. Renewable Energy Integration in Zonal Markets, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 1334-1349, March 2017.
J. Han, A. Papavasiliou. The Impacts of Transmission Topology Control on the European Electricity Network, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 496-907, January 2016.
J. Han, A. Papavasiliou. Congestion Management through Topological Corrections: A Case Study
of Central Western Europe, Energy Policy, vol. 86, pp. 470-482, November 2015.
H. Le Cadre, A. Papavasiliou, Y. Smeers. Wind Farm Portfolio Optimization under Network Capacity Constraints, European Journal of Operations Research, vol. 247, no. 2, pp. 560-574, December 2015.
A. Papavasiliou, Y. He, A. Svoboda, Self-Commitment of Combined Cycle Units under Electricity Price Uncertainty, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 30, no. 4, July 2015.
A. Papavasiliou, S. S. Oren, B. Rountree, Applying High Performance Computing to Transmission-Constrained Stochastic Unit Commitment for Renewable Penetration, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 1690-1701, May 2015.
- A. Papavasiliou, S. S. Oren, Large-Scale Integration of Deferrable Demand and Renewable Energy Sources, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 489-499, January 2014.
- A. Papavasiliou, S. S. Oren, Multi-Area Stochastic Unit Commitment for High Wind Penetration in a Transmission
Constrained Network, Operations Research, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 578-592, May/June 2013, INFORMS 2015, Best Paper in Energy Award.
- A. Papavasiliou, S. S. Oren, R. P. O'Neill, Reserve Requirements for Wind Power Integration: A
Scenario-Based Stochastic Programming Framework, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 2197-2206, November 2011.
- R. P. O'Neill, K. Hedman, E. Krall, A. Papavasiliou, S. S. Oren, Economic Analysis of the N-1
Reliable Unit Commitment and Transmission Switching Problem Using Duality Concepts, Energy Systems,
vol. 1, no. 2, May 2010.
A. Riascos, S. Oren, L. de Castro, S. Camelo, A. Papavasiliou. A Structural Model to Evaluate the Transition from Self-Commitment to Centralized Unit Commitment.
H. Hoeschle, H. Le Cadre, Y. Smeers, A. Papavasiliou, R. Belmans. Risk Aversion in Capacity Mechanisms - Computing Stochastic Market Equilibria using ADMM.
G. Bertrand, A. Papavasiliou. Optimal Dispatch of Wind Farms Facing Market Prices.
Y. Mou, A. Papavasiliou, P. Chevalier. Application of Priority Service Pricing for Mobilizing Residential Demand Response in Belgium.
A. Papavasiliou, Y. Smeers, Energy-Only Markets with Deferrable Demand, 12th International Conference on the European Energy Market, Lisbon, Portugal, May 19-22, 2015.
Y. Vardanyan, A. Papavasiliou, M. R. Hesamzadeh, Hydropower Producer Day-Ahead Market Strategic Offering Using Stochastic Bi-Level Optimization, best student paper award of the IAENG International Conference on Operations Research, Hong Kong, March 18-20, 2015.
I. Aravena, A. Papavasiliou. A distributed asynchronous algorithm for the two stage stochastic unit commitment problem, IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, Denver, CO, July 26-30, 2015.
A. Papavasiliou, S. S. Oren, I. Aravena. Stochastic Modeling of Multi-Area Wind Production, 48th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Kauai, Hawaii, January 5 - 8, 2015.
A. Papavasiliou, S. S. Oren, Z. Yang, P. Balasubramanian, K. Hedman, An Application of High Performance Computing to Transmission Switching, IREP Bulk Power System Dynamics and Control Symposium, Rethymnon, Greece, August 25 - 30, 2013.
A. Papavasiliou, S. S. Oren, A Comparative Study of Stochastic Unit Commitment and Security-Constrained Unit Commitment Using High Performance Computing, European Control Conference, Zurich, Switzerland, July 17 - 19, 2013.
- A. Papavasiliou, S. S. Oren, Integration of Contracted Renewable Energy and Spot Market Supply to Serve Flexible Loads, 18th World
Congress of the
International Federation of Automatic Control, August 28 - September 2, 2011, Milano,
- A. Papavasiliou, H. Hindi, D. Greene, Market-Based Control Mechanisms for Electric Power Demand
Response, Conference on Decision and Control, Atlanta, GA, 15-17 December 2010.
- A. Papavasiliou, S. S. Oren, Supplying Renewable Energy to Deferrable Loads: Algorithms and Economic Analysis,
2010 Power and Energy Society General Meeting, Minneapolis, Minnesota,
25-29 July 2010.
- A. Papavasiliou, Y. Chen, S. S. Oren, Environmental Regulation in Transmission Constrained
Electricity Markets, IEEE Power and Energy Society 2009 General Meeting, Calgary,
Alberta, Canada, 26-30 July 2009.
- A. Papavasiliou, P. Kaminsky, I. Sidhu, S. S. Oren, Renewable Energy Supply for Electric
Vehicle Operations in California, 32nd IAEE International Conference, San Francisco, CA, 21-24 June 2009.
- A. Papavasiliou, S. S. Oren, Coupling Wind Generators with Deferrable Loads, IEEE Energy 2030,
Atlanta, Georgia, 17-18 November 2008.
- A. Papavasiliou, S. Papathanassiou, S. Manias, G. Demetriadis, Current Control of a Voltage
Source Inverter Connected to the Grid via an LCL Filter, Power Electronics Specialists Conference, Orlando,
Florida, 17-21 June 2007.
- A. Papavasiliou, S. S. Oren, M. Junca, A. Dimakis, T. Dickhoff, Coupling Wind Generators with Deferrable Loads,
2008 CITRIS IT for Society 3rd place prize, 2008 Big Ideas Energy and Environmental Innovation competition 2nd place prize.
- D. Crabtree, T. Faney, K. Koudigkelis, A. Papavasiliou, I. Sidhu, P. Kaminsy, B. Tenderich, Optimal Charging of Electric Vehicles, Center for Entrepreneurship and
Technology Technical Brief No. 2009.6.v.1.1, September 11, 2009.
- A. Papavasiliou, A. Lee, P. Kaminsky, I. Sidhu, B. Tenderich, S. Oren, Electric
Power Supply and Distribution for Electric Vehicle Operations, Global Venture Lab Technical Brief #2008.2.v.1, November 21, 2008.