- Corentin Vande Kerckhove, Samuel Martin, Pascal Gend, Peter J. Rentfrow, Julien M. Hendrickx, and Vincent D. Blondel. PLOS ONE.
« Modelling influence and opinion evolution in online collective behaviour. » (2016).
- C Vande Kerckhove, M Temporão, Y Dufresne – NS16, 2016,
Unspoken Thoughts: Uncovering Political Ideologies Using Social Networks’ Traces
- C Vande Kerckhove, S Martin, P Gend, J Hendrickx – ICCSS 2016,
The unpredictability of human opinion dynamics
- C Vande Kerckhove, M Temporão, Y Dufresne – ICCSS 2016,
Ideological scaling of social networks’ users
- M Temporão, C Vande Kerckhove, Y Dufresne – MPSA 2016,
Opinion 2.0: Do Social Media Echo Users’ Ideologies
- Samuel Martin, Corentin Vande Kerckhove, Pascal Gend, Peter J. Rentfrow, Julien M. Hendrickx, and Vincent D. Blondel.International Conference on Computational Social Science, 2015
« Modeling influence and opinion evolution in online collective behavior« .
- Corentin Vande Kerckhove, Samuel Martin.Benelux Meeting on Systems and Control, 2015.
Predicting on-line opinion dynamics using consensus models.
- Sébastien Combéfis, Corentin Vande Kerckhove and Peter Van Roy. Hybrid Ed, 2015
« Transforming a University Course into a Two-public Sustainable MOOC ».
- Mars 2016 – Université Laval, Midi de science politique
Idéologies non-dites: Validation d’indicateurs issus des médias sociaux.
- Janvier 2016 – Université Laval
Modéliser l’évolution de l’influence et de l’opinion dans les comportements collectifs en ligne
- Décembre 2015 – UQAM
Mesure de l’imprédictabilité dans le processus de révision d’opinions
- August 2014 – Université Laval, Quebec
Predicting on-line opinion dynamics using consensus models
- April 2014 – Research Centre for Automatic Control, Nancy
Classying susceptibility with machine learning tools
- November 2013 – University of Cambridge
Social behaviour analysis through interactions on crowdsourcing platforms
- June 2016 – Evanson, IL USA – International Conference on Computational Social Science 2
- June 2015 – Helsinki, Finland – International Conference on Computational Social Science
- May 2015 – Mons, Belgium – Third MOOC European Stakeholders Summit
- March 2015 – Lommel, Belgium – Benelux Meeting on Systems and Control 2015
- May 2014 – Delft University of Technology – #FutureEDU
- March 2014 – École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne – EMOOCS2014
- March 2014 – Heijen, The Netherlands – Benelux Meeting
- July 2015 – 46th Union World Conference on Lung Health – Stability of Xpert MTB/Rif reagents in sub-optimal storage conditions. Evaluation based on three years’ experience in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- November 2014 – IAP Day – Studying Consensus through online gaming
- January 2015 – Center for Operations Research and Econometrics, UCL – Improving learning with analytics
- October 2014 – EPFL Center for Digital Education, Lausanne – The Learning Analytics Week
Topics of interest
We are more and more socially connected. Many of our decisions are inspired from our daily live interactions. This project aims at predicting and controlling the evolution of the opinion of a group of people. One of the main challenge consists in evaluating the prediction potential of opinion dynamic models on real datasets and to identify to what extent the online human behavior can be controlled. I focus my research on virtual communities, where the interaction are online communication processes. Crowdsourcing platforms allow to build social experiments including a huge amount of wordwide participants.
For the first time at the UCL, ten different courses were proposed online on the EDX platform. The MOOC research project – Massive Open Online Courses – consists of considering two distincts studies : the design of peer reviewing for an automatic correction process of student’s homeworks, and the prevision of students’ dropout curve by observing the online network generated by forums.
- May 2015 – Co-organisator of the Young Researchers’ Day
- 2014/2015 – Secretary of the ICTEAM’s IEEE Student Branch
- 2014/2015 Data manager – Data Czar – for UCL edX MOOCs
- 2014/2015 Member of Association des Chercheurs de l’institut ICTEAM
- November 2014 Co-organisator of the ICTEAM’s Welcome Day
- December 2013 Citation in the magazine « La recherche » (n°482, Big Data section)
- September 2013 Reviewer for the conference « Second MOOC European Stakeholders Summit