- Lower-limb prostheses, rehabilitation robotics,
human-robot interactions, biomechanics of swimming and flying,
humanoid robotics, locomotion, motor control.
- Gennaro Vitucci
(post-doc, 2018-2021): non-linear dynamics of flying birds / RevealFlight
project - co-supervised with Philippe
- Sophie Heins
(PhD student, 2014-2021): Design and evaluation of bio-inspired control strategies for transfemoral prosthesis
- Hamed Rahimi Nohooji
(post-doc, 2018-2019): dynamic motor primitives for locomotion
- Timothée Habra (PhD
student, 2013-2017): Gaze stabilization
of humanoid robots based on internal model
Van der Noot (FNRS PhD
student, 2013-2017): Rich and robust
bio-inspired locomotion control for humanoid robots -
co-supervised with Auke
- Patricia Leconte
(FRIA PhD student, 2012-2017): Robotic assessment and rehabilitation of
rhythmic upper-limb movement primitives after stroke
- co-supervised with Bruno Dehez
Everarts (PhD student,
2011-2017): Design and study of
a new continuously variable transmission with potential application to
lower limb prosthesis - co-supervised
with Bruno Dehez
- Virginia Ruiz Garate (PhD student,
motor primitives for controlling leg exoskeletons -
co-supervised with Paul Fisette
- Alexandra Zobova (WBI post-doc,
2013-2014): locomotion in humanoid robotics
2011-2013): control and modeling of lower-limb rehabilitation robots
- Interns hosted in
the lab: Rachel Dias Carlson
(MIT) - summer 2012; Vicky Biron
(Ecole Polytechnique de Montréal) - summer 2013; Deron Browne (MIT) - summer
2015; Guilia Bernadette Creed
(University of Surrey) - summer 2017; Gabrielle
K. Enns (MIT) - summer 2018; Wendy
Wang (MIT) - summer 2019; Carlos
Salazar Briceño (Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú) -
01-07/2020; Rémi Schuller
(Polytech Sorbonne - Sorbonne Université) - summer 2020.
- January 2021: Minisymposium on “challenges
for adaptive control and sensorimotor restoration in bionic prostheses”.
- October 2017: Mini-symposium
about “technology and neurorehabilitation”.
- August 2017: Mini-symposium
about “bio-inspired robotics”.
- June 2017: Co-organizer of a workshop about "Human-robot synchronization for assistive
Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics, 2017.
- January 2017: Kick-off of the EU-H2020 CYBERLEGs++
- June 2016: Mini-symposium
about “robotics and motor control”.
- April 2016: Interview in "Questions Clés" (La
Première, RTBF radio) about the future of robotics.
- November 2015: participation to the TV program "Il
était une foi" (CathoBel) about "robotics to serve humans".
- March 2015: our lower-limb prosthesis has been
featured in "tout s'explique" (RTL-TVI).
- March 2015: after the last review meeting, the CYBERLEGs
project is now finished. We made quite a buzz in the media (see e.g. Le Soir and RTBF in Belgium, and also the international
- November 2014: Member of the "Louvain
- November 2013: Interviews in “Le Bar de l’Europe”
(TV5) and "La Libre Belgique" (1 and 2)
to feature the WALK-MAN
- September 2013: Kick-off of the EU
collaborative project WALK-MAN.
- April 2013: Interview for La
Belgique about humanoid robotics.
- October 2012: Co-organizer of the 5th International
Workshop on Human-Friendly Robotics (Brussels).
- October 2012: Co-organizer of a workshop on "Cognitive Neuroscience Robotics"
at the IEEE/RSJ
International Conference on
Intelligent Robots and Systems (2012).
- March 16th, 2012: Co-organizer of a symposium about Neuroscience
and Rehabilitation in Brussels. Speakers: Alan McComas, Dick
Stegeman, and Dirk
- February 2012: Kick-off of the EU collaborative
- December 19th, 2011: Visit of Dagmar
University). Two talks: Rhythm
'n' Moves - a Window
Into Brain and Behavior (11:15, Brussels) / Human
Motor Performance: Exploiting
Stability, Channeling Variability, and Optimizing Safety Margins
- Co-organizer of a workshop about the "Physiological
Principles of Locomotion required for Robot Design" at
Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics, 2011