- Lower-limb prostheses, rehabilitation robotics,
humanoid robotics, locomotion, motor control.
students and post-docs
students and post-docs
- Caroline Bernier (PhD student, 2015-...): dynamical
robotic swimming - co-supervised with Philippe
- François Heremans (FNRS PhD student,
2015-...): energy efficient lower-limb prosthesis
- Sophie Heins (PhD student, 2014-...): control
and modeling of lower-limb prostheses
- Timothée Habra (PhD student, 2013-...):
and simulation in humanoid robotics
- Nicolas Van der Noot (FNRS PhD
locomotion and simulation in humanoid robotics - co-supervised with Auke
- Patricia Leconte (FRIA PhD student, 2012-...): design
new protocols in human-robot interaction for rehabilitation
- co-supervised with Bruno Dehez
- Christophe Everarts (PhD student,
2011-...): control and design of lower-limb prostheses - co-supervised
with Bruno Dehez
- June 2016: Mini-symposium
about “robotics and motor control”.
- April 2016: Interview in "Questions Clés" (La
Première, RTBF radio) about the future of robotics.
- November 2015: participation to the TV program "Il
était une foi" (CathoBel) about "robotics to serve humans".
- March 2015: our lower-limb prosthesis has been
featured in "tout s'explique" (RTL-TVI).
- March 2015: after the last review meeting, the CYBERLEGs
project is now finished. We made quite a buzz in the media (see e.g. Le Soir and RTBF in Belgium, and also the international
- November 2014: Member of the "Louvain
- November 2013: Interviews in “Le Bar de l’Europe”
(TV5) and "La Libre Belgique" (1 and 2)
to feature the WALK-MAN project.
- September 2013: Kick-off of the EU
collaborative project WALK-MAN.
- April 2013: Interview for La
Belgique about humanoid robotics.
- October 2012: Co-organizer of the 5th International
Workshop on Human-Friendly Robotics (Brussels).
- October 2012: Co-organizer of a workshop on "Cognitive Neuroscience Robotics"
at the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on
Intelligent Robots and Systems (2012).
- March 16th, 2012: Co-organizer of a symposium about Neuroscience
and Rehabilitation in Brussels. Speakers: Alan McComas, Dick Stegeman, and Dirk Lefeber.
- February 2012: Kick-off of the EU collaborative
- December 19th, 2011: Visit of Dagmar Sternad (Northeastern
University). Two talks: Rhythm
'n' Moves - a Window
Into Brain and Behavior (11:15, Brussels) / Human Motor Performance: Exploiting
Stability, Channeling Variability, and Optimizing Safety Margins
- Co-organizer of a workshop about the "Physiological
Principles of Locomotion required for Robot Design" at
Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics, 2011