Field of Interest
Development economics (microfinance, entrepreneurship,
Policy Evaluation, Field Experiments
Since Sept. 2009 : Assistant Professor. Université Catholique de Louvain
December 2007: PhD in Economics with Highest Honors . Université de Paris I Sorbonne
in Sub Saharan Africa and the challenge of access to
basic services. Journal
of Demographic Economics, vol. 83 no. 1 (2017)
- "Discrimination as a Self-Fulfilling Prophecy: Evidence from French Grocery Stores", joint with Dylan Glover and Amanda Pallais,Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 132, no. 3 (2017). - NBER Working Paper 22789.
- " A Multifaceted Program Causes Lasting Progress for the Poor: Evidence from Six Countries", joint with A. Banerjee, E.Duflo, N. Goldberg, D. Karlan, R. Osei,J.Shapiro, B. Thuysbaert, C. Udry., Science, Vol. 348 no. 6236. 15 May 2015.
- “Estimating the impact of microcredit on those who take it up: Evidence from a randomized experiment in Morocco", joint with Bruno Crépon, Florencia Devoto and Esther Duflo, American Economic Journal : Applied Economics 7 (1), pp 123-150, January 2015
- “Happiness on Tap: Piped Water Adoption in Urban Morocco” (with Florencia Devoto, Esther Duflo, Pascaline Dupas and Vincent Pons), American Economic Journal : Economic Policy 4 (4), pp68-99, November 2012
- “Being Surveyed Can change Later Behavior and Related Parameter Estimates”, joint with A.Zwane, J. Zinman, E. Van Dusen,, C. Null, E. Miguel, M. Kremer, D. Karlan, R. Hornbeck, X. Giné, E. Duflo, F. Devoto, B. Crepon, A. Banerjee, January 2011, "Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences" (PNAS)
the internal validity of a flagship RCT: A review of
Crépon, Devoto, Duflo and Parienté ": A rejoinder.
Joint with Bruno Crépon, Florencia Devoto and Esther Duflo
- “Evaluating the Effects of Entrepreneurship Edutainment in
Egypt”, joint with Ghada Barsoum, Bruno Crépon, Drew
Gardiner and Bastien Michel
Chapter in books
“What is the Demand for Microcredit? The Case of Rural Areas in Serbia”, forthcoming in "The handbook of Microfinance" edited by Beatriz Armendariz and Marc Labie. World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd.
- “Poverty, access to credit and the determinants of participation to a new micro-credit program in rural areas of Morocco”,joint with Bruno Crépon, Florencia Devoto and Esther Duflo, December 2008, "Ex Post Impact Analyses Series No 2", Agence Française deDéveloppement, Paris
- “Recent Developments in the Impacts and Mechanisms of Microfinance”, joint with Esther Duflo, in "Private Sector and Development", Sept 2009
- “ Financial demand and access to credit in low income areas of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil” in "Revista Pesquisa & Debate", Volume 16, Numéro 2 (28), pages 269-308
Work in progress
- Discrimination in the labor market: effect on employees' performance?, joint with Amanda Pallais
- Impact of a safety net program on ultra-poor households in rural Pakistan, joint with Dean Karlan
- Supporting youth entrepreneurship in disadvantaged neighbourhoods in France, joint with Bruno Crépon, Esther Duflo, Elise Huillery and Juliette Seban
- Does human and social capital help in entrepreneurship? Evidence from a randomized experiment in Morocco, joint with Bruno Crépon, Elise Huillery and Dean Karlan
- Advanced Micro-econometrics. Research Master, Université Catholique de Louvain (30 h)
- Empirical methods for policy evaluation. Master, Université Catholique de Louvain (30h) & Master Public Policy and Development (PPD), Paris School of Economics (6h)
- Evaluation of public and social policies. Course for Adults. Université Catholique de Louvain (30h)