Editor in chief
- 2015 – present: International Journal of Learner Corpus Research (with Marcus Callies, Bremen University, first issue published in Spring 2015)
- 2017 – : Register Studies
- 2016 (november) – present: Corpus Linguistics and Linguistic Theory
- 2015 – present: Belgian Journal of Linguistics
- 2015 – present: Korean Journal of English Language and Linguistics
- Linguistic typology and learnability in second language, Leverhulme Trust, PI Dr T. Alexopoulou & Prof Tsimpli, University of Cambridge (2018-2021)
- IRIS database (2016-)
- Macmillan Dictionary Advisory Panel (2007-2012?)
- Guest member of the ASKeladden network (2009-2013)
Member of association boards
- COST Action CA16105 COST Association: European Network for Combining Language Learning with Crowdsourcing Techniques (2017-2021) (Management Committee Member; Exploitation and STSM Coordinator)
- Tanguy Dubois (2018 – ). Particle placement and genitive alternations in EFL learner spoken syntax: core probabilistic grammar and/or L1-specific preferences? UCLouvain – KULeuven, Belgium (co-supervision with Prof. B. Szmrecsanyi).
- Nathan Vandeweerd (2018 -). Lexicogrammatical complexity in French as a Foreign Language: the impact of mode. UCLouvain – VUB, Belgium (co-supervision with Prof. A. Housen).
- Pauline Jadoulle (2017 – ). Non-nativeness and noviceness in French EFL academic writing. UCLouvain
- Rachel Rubin (2017 – ). Lexicogrammatical complexity in L2 Dutch. VUB – UCLouvain, Belgium (co-supervision with Prof. A. Housen).
- with Prof. M. Callies: Ekaterina Zaytseva, The expression of concession in L1 and L2 writing: A corpus study of lexico-grammatical variation, Bremen University, Germany.
Member of PhD committees (supervisory panels) and PhD juries
University of Louvain
- Member of the PhD Committee of Tim Marchand, Gakushuin University (2013-): An investigation into a learner corpus of computer-mediated communication
- Member of the PhD Committee of Maïté Dupont (2013-): Cohesive markers of contrast in English and French. A register-analytic corpus study.
- Member of the PhD Committee of Samantha Laporte (2011-): Verb complementation patterns across New Englishes: a corpus-based approach.
- Member of the PhD Committee of Marie Rasson (2013-2017): La comunicación imprecisa: mecanismos de interpretación y funcionamiento discursivo del pronombre indefinido “uno”.
- Member of the PhD Committee of Natassia Schutz (2009-2016): Verbs in English for Academic Purposes: A corpus-driven cross-disciplinary analysis .
- Advisory committee of Eva Puimège, KU Leuven, (2018- ) (supervisor: E. Peters): Learning multiword units from audio-visual input
- Advisory committee of Xiaofang Duan (supervisor: E. Peeters), KU Leuven.
- International member of the PhD jury of Sanne van Vuuren, Traces of Transfer? Pragmatic development in the use of initial adverbials in the interlanguage of advanced Dutch learners of English. 30 March 2017, Radboud University, The Netherlands.
- International member of the PhD jury of Danica Joy Salazar, Lexical bundles in scientific English: A corpus-based study of native and non-native writing, 24 November 2011, University of Barcelona, Spain.
(Nominated) referee and reviewing for publishers
- Serra Húnter selection committee, UB-AG-309, University of Barcelona (2017-2018)
- Book review: Cambridge University Press (2018)
- British Academy (Postdoctoral Fellowships Outline, 2013)
- Applied Linguistics
- Corpus Linguistics and Linguistic Theory
- English Text Construction
- International Journal of Corpus Linguistics
- International Journal of Lexicography
- ITL – International Journal of Applied Linguistics
- Journal of Second Language Writing
- Language Learning
- Language Learning and Technology
- Language Resources and Evaluation
- Alonso Ramos, M. (ed.) (2017) Spanish Learner Corpus Research: State of the Art and Perspectives. John Benjamins. (2 chapters)
- Oxford Bibliographies in Linguistics (1 entry)
- Granger, S., G. Gilquin & Meunier, F. (eds) (2015). The Cambridge Handbook of Learner Corpus Research. Cambridge University Press
- Helland Gujord, A.-K., S. Nacey & S. Ragnhildstveit (eds) (in press). Proceedings of Learner Corpus Research 2013. Bergen Language and Linguistics Studies.
- Oksefjell Ebeling, E., J. Ebeling, & H. Hasselgård (2012) (Eds.) Aspects of corpus linguistics: compilation, annotation, analysis. Studies in Variation, Contacts and Change in English, 12.
- Colson, P. (ed.) (2012). The Yearbook of Phraseology. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter
Member of programme/scientific committees
- Learner Corpus Research 2019, 12-14 September 2019, 12-14 September 2019, University of Warsaw, Poland.
- International Corpus Linguistics (CL) Conference 2019, 22-26th July 2019, Cardiff University, UK.
- VOCAB@Leuven, 1-3 July 2019, Leuven, Belgium.
- Using Corpora in Contrastive and Translation Studies conference, 12-14 September 2018, University of Louvain, Belgium.
- EURALEX2018, Ljubljana, 17-21 July 2018, Slovenia.
- Corpus Approaches to Lexicogrammar, 16 June 2018, Edge Hill University, UK.
- 11th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation in 2018 (LREC2018), May 7-12, 2018, Miyazaki, Japan.
- Journée d’étude consacrée aux collocations génériques, 15 January 2018, Université Paris Diderot, France.
- Computational and Corpus-based Phraseology, EUROPHRAS, 13-14 November 2017, London, UK.
- 3rd Learner Corpus Research 2017, 5-7 October 2017, Bolzano, Italy.
- eLex 2017 electronic lexicography in the 21st century: Lexicography from Scratch, 19-21 September 2017, Leiden, The Netherlands.
- Corpus Linguistics Conference, 24-28 July 2017, Birmingham, UK.
- AFLiCo7 Discours, Cognition et Constructions : Implications et Applications, 31 May – 3 June 2017, Université de Liège, Belgium.
- 38th ICAME (International Computer Archive of Modern and Medieval English) conference, Corpus et Orbis: Interpreting the World through Corpora, 24-28 May 2017, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Metadiscourse across Genres: Mapping out interactions in spoken and written discourses, 30 March- 1 April 2017, Cappadocia, Turkey.
- Computational Linguistics for Linguistic Complexity (CL4LC) workshop, COLING2016, 11-16 December 2016, Japan.
- Linguistic Society of Belgium Best Paper Presentation by a doctoral student, LSB Linguists’ Day, 13 May 2016, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.
- 10th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), 23-28 May 2016, Portorož, Slovenia.
- EURALEX2016, 6-10 September 2016, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Corpus studies at the lexis-grammar interface. Corpus Linguistics in the South 12 workshop. Edge Hill University, UK, 2 April 2016.
- International Conference on Corpus Linguistics and Technological Advancement 2015 (CoLTA 2015), Department of Linguistics and Modern Language Studies, the Hong Kong Institute of Education, 16-18 December 2015
- 8ème Journées de la Linguistique de Corpus, 2-4 September 2015, Orléans, France
- electronic lexicography in the 21st century: Linking lexical data in the digital age, 11-13 August 2015, Herstmonceux, UK
- Learner Corpus Research 2015, 11-13 September 2015, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- Corpus Linguistics 2015, 21-24 July 2015, Lancaster
- EURALEX2014, European Association for Lexicography, July, Bolzano, Italy.
- Electronic Lexicography in the 21st century (ELEX2013), 17-19 October 2014, Tallinn, Estonia.
- Learner Corpus Research 2013, 27-29 September, Bergen, Norway.
- Corpus Linguistics 2013, 22-26 July, Lancaster University, UK.
- « Technology Enhanced Language Learning (TELL) », The 20th International Conference on Computers in Education, ICCE 2012, November 2012, Singapore
- eLexicography in the 21st century (eLEX2011), 10-12 November 2011, Bled, Slovenia.
- Linguistic and Psycholinguistic Approaches to Text Structuring (LPTS 2011), 16-18 November 2011, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.
- 20 years of learner corpus research: looking back, moving ahead, 15-17 September 2011, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.
- 30th ICAME (International Computer Archive of Modern and Medieval English) conference, Looking back – Moving forward, 27-31 May 2009, Lancaster, UK.
- New trends in corpus linguistics for language teaching and translation studies. In honour of John Sinclair. 22-24 September 2008, Granada, Spain.
- Expert workshop organized by the Integrated Digital Language Learning (IDILL) seed grant project: Optimizing the role of language in Technology-Enhanced Learning. Louvain-la-Neuve, 4-5 October 2007.
- Linguistic Society of Belgium (2016 – 2018)
- 2018 – : Academic staff representative to the Board of the Language & Communication Institute
- 2017 – 2018 : Examination Board Secretary (Commission Langues et Littératures Modernes, orientation germanique)
- 2015: Beta-tester for the new UCL research portal REAL
- 2015- 2016: Temporary research staff representative to the Committee of the Language & Communication Institute
- 2012-2015: Examination Board Secretary (Commission Langues et Littératures Modernes, orientation générale)
- 2011-2013: Temporary research staff representative to the Committee of the Language & Communication Institute
- 2009-2010: Member of the Committee for Internationalisation (Commission Langues et Littératures Modernes)
- 2009-2011: Temporary research staff representative to the Board and the Committee of the Language & Communication Institute
- 2008-2009: Temporary research staff representative to the ROGE Board
- 2007-2008: Temporary research staff representative to the GERM Board